It’s been a busy Pumpkin-filled couple of weeks as I’ve been making preparation for Pumpkinfest 2011, and I think I’m just about there. At least I hope I am: I’m not sure I can cope with any more orange!! Here’s a rundown of what we’ve got:
1. Pumpkin wreath, made using neon handwarmers I picked up in the 99p store and a Sainsbury’s shopping bag*
2. Awesome Autumn Sensory box: orange buttons left over from the Button Pumpkin, some fake rose leaves I got in a Charity Shop for 60p, dozens of conkers that we scooped up on the way to school one morning, and some fake leaves I used for my Autumn Wreath and garland.
3. I’m delighted with another wreath, with a more autumnal feel, made using some of the sensory box bits, leftover dress trim, a crocheted doily and an old pair of corduroy trousers that had a hole in the knee.
4. Toilet roll Pumpkins, and a larger version made using a kitchen roll.
5. Easy peasy yarn pumpkins: just soak in glue, make yoru pattern and leave to dry, then hang on twigs with some wax pumpkins!
6. Orange doily runner: I bought up doilies from eBay and Charity shops and dyed them all orange, then sewed them together, starched and laid out ready for the big day!
8. Pumpkin art, made by gluing buttons onto a piece of those cord trousers that had been stretched in an embroidery hoop.
With major thanks to Pinterest for the Pumpkinspiration.
*other shopping bags are available, they just might not be orange.