2. Dimples and I picked up five new chooks: Kiev, Katsu, Korma, Cassie and Popcorn.
3. Lego with breakfast: Daddy returns from a week away at work with gifts!
4. We take a trip to Riverhill Gardens to check out the birthday party venue.
5. The chicks get used to roosting.
6. Red fruit compote (homemade) for breakfast.
7. The Girls head to school.
8. I took a trip to London for a school reunion. I treated myself- as I was in town- to a trip to the Sony Photography exhibition at Somerset House.
9. Dimples and I check out Sevenoaks Nature Reserve: there’s a great garden with lots of interesting things for small children.
10. A family lunch at a local pub that has been refurbished. We are gradually getting to know our new local area!
11. The day of the birthday party: it had rained all week but held off whilst the children ran wild across the Riverhill gardens. The sun came out at the end to finish a fabulous party.
12. Al fresco supper: chocolate and banana pockets.
13. A deer contemplates kicking a ball around on the lawn. Sadly later that week he was run over (though not by us!)
14. LBG reads to her sister.
15. My iris, which has been successfully moved with us from place to place, is in flower.
16. Dimples and I walk the dog along our neighbour’s driveway.
17. Face painting at a friend’s Frozen-themed birthday party.
18. LBG is six.
19. Another lovely evening. DH when mowing the lawn, has preserved our patch of buttercups, so the girls get silly whilst I take their picture.
20. Pirate Day at school. Arrr!
21. I break out the summer hat. And the clouds roll in.
22. Blueberries as big as her eyes! The chooks go mad for blueberries so they are a regular feature in our house at the moment.
23. Another party; DH and I fail at some of the games. Between us we have of each of the badges we both started off with: Can I? and No! seem to be referring to the recent election though!
24. France this way: off on our half-term trip to Holland.
25. Our Lodge Tent for the week.
26. The Girls peep out of their Dutch Bed.
27. The first few rainy days we were very grateful that our tent had a fire!
28. A momentous day: the first tooth, which had only been discovered to be wobbly three days before, comes out at the swimming pool. Time to Google “Dutch Tooth Fairy”.
29. As the sun is, at last, shining, we head out of the complex to the beach.
30. Lego man enjoys a beer on the deck after a busy day.
31. Last see-saw before home.