Who lives in a house like this?

When I was a little girl I always thought it would be wonderful to live in a Gingerbread House when I grew up. The air would smell like Christmas every day and I could nibble a corner of the room if the cupboards were bare. There would be pink love hearts around the door and a little path of sugar balls that crunched delightfully under your feet when you walked to the front door. Every day would start with a fall of sweet snow that covered the chocolate roof tiles and fell on the window ledges. It would make every day magical.

build-a-hansel-gretel-gingerbread-house

Wouldn’t you know that the people at Sykes Cottages have recently calculated how much a Life-sized Gingerbread Cottage would cost to make: £66,037.05, which seems like a good deal in today’s housing market. On the assumption that it could cope with so much rain.

They also sent us a Gingerbread House making set so that the girls and I could create our very own pink gingerbread cottage on a smaller scale: perfect for two little girls and a dog. Just like our home!

pink gingerbread cottage

Disclosure: we were sent the aforementioned set for the purposes of making our house, which has been entered into a competition. No payment was received.

Comments

• Domestic Goddesque says

Wouldn’t that be fun @Keynko? Remember the Skoda Fabia advert years ago, made from cake? Loved that!

• Domestic Goddesque says

Deliberated, cogitated and digested is the Loyd Grossman phrase that I always think of Donna!

• Domestic Goddesque says

The kit is great @redtedart: from Lakeland I think. Even has a base with slots so you can’t mess it up!!

1. says

1995 chocolate fingers? Heaven. Imagine being able to lie in bed and eat your own archway into the bathroom. Genius.

And I love your house! It has to win, surely.

• Domestic Goddesque says

Thanks @mummybarrow. It occurred to me that I have a pack of chocolate fingers in the cupboard….

2. says

That gingerbread house is AWESOME my dear – hope you win. As for the life size one, we might actually be able to live in that, as one child isn’t a fan of Gingerbread, so possibly may manage not to eat the windows and doors 😉

• Domestic Goddesque says

I know @actually mummy. Me too I fear. Bet gingerbread scales are very kind. And gingerbread mirrors.

Trackbacks

Go on! You know you want to tell me what you think!