The journey around the world in food has moved on from Australia to French Polynesia. Very exotic! I had to do some proper research to find something to cook this month. Unsurprisingly, for an area of islands, it involves fish. And vanilla. Trust me, though, it’s good.
If you want to join the Around the World fun:
- The only mandatory part is the dish, the rest is all up to you, we just thought it would be fun and more concrete to the kids as to why we are making a unusual dish.
- Cook a dish from French Polynesia: The goal is to explore this country through FOOD and activities if you wish. Make a typical dish (sweet or savoury) from the country with the kids, take photos and have fun!
- Typical dishes: Poisson Cru, Poulet (Chicken) Fafa, Po’e, Pork Curry with Tarua (Taro), .
- Print your passport: Click here to download, comes with space for a photo of the child with the dish. Here is a little cover for it if you wish
- Color a placemat: Once colored/painted or whatever other way you want to do this, you can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper to use it over and over. Great conversation piece for you and your kids. Click here to download it.
- Make a craft: you can make a country related craft with the kids [optional!]
- Fun fact: Those things that look like mail boxes outside the homes of Tahitian residents are not for mail, but for French bread delivery. Residents get a fresh loaf dropped off twice a day. But they must go to the post office to retrieve their mail!
- Share with us: Our French Polynesia challenge starts on September 2nd and will remain open for a year, so attach a link to your blog to enter the linky party or go to the comment section and post a photo together with what you did together with your child(ren).
- Pinterest: We will add your photos to a “Around the World in 12 Dishes” Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts)you will be a great source of inspiration for everyone
- Are you a blogger? Let your fans know about the challenge and grab our cute lil’ button to share it on your blog.
<a href=”http://www.glitteringmuffins.com” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o502/theeducatorsspinonit/world.jpg” alt=”Around the world in 12 Dishes” width=”125″ height=”125″ /></a>
Please check out our partner blogs and their French Polynesia ideas: Adventures In Mommydom, Creative Family Fun, Domestic Goddesque, Glittering Muffins, Juggling with Kids, Kitchen Counter Chronicles, Mermaids’ Makings, Mom 2 Posh Little Divas, Montessori Tidbits, Mummymummymum, The Educators’ Spin On It and The Usual Mayhem!
Please link up your French Polynesian dish and/or craft in our linky below, we would love to see it!