I was sitting and pondering what to write about this morning…would it be the bloody Estate Agents, the weather, my current Marmite addiction, the secret thrill I get from kicking up leaves…? Too many choices. Wakeup has saved me the effort. Instead I shall follow her instructions and do the 8-things thing….and hope you don’t delete me from your hard drive for having very suspect tastes.
8 things I’m passionate about:
1. My husband
2. My family- I’d fall apart without them.
3. Cooking. It relaxes me, and I love feeding people.
4. Singing- I do it all the time. I should really try joining a choir.
5. Sunshine. Everyone needs a good dose of vitamin D, especially in the winter.
6. Giving. I love giving presents. Love it.
7. Being myself.
8. Blogging. Sounds like I have no friends. But I like my blog- it helps remind me that I am not totally thick.
8 things to do before I die:
1. Write a best-seller- fiction or recipe collection, I don’t care!
2. Understand men…a long shot, I know.
3. Own a sports car, preferably vintage.
4. Take a long train journey…it’s always seemed such a romantic thing to do.
5. Learn to play the piano.
6. Own a house with a walled garden and a cellar! Maybe have a couple of chickens and a cow.
7. Understand dogs.
8. Come up with a witticism to utter with my last breath.
8 things I say often:
1. “For F@%£$ sake!” Usually when the dog has done something unspeakable.
2. “Have a good day darling.” I say this every day- it’s important to me.
3. “Kelly Innes”- when I answer the phone.
4. “Speaking…” when the person at the other end of the phone has asked to speak to Kelly Ines (rhymes with lines) or Kelly Inns.
5. “I fucking rock!” Having just worked out who did it in CSI…
6. “Is there any chocolate?”
7. “Grrrr.” (In frustration, just in case you thought I was being saucy!)
8. “Goodnight darling. I love you.” You can never say- or hear- that too much.
8 books I’ve read recently:
1. Until I Find You by John Irving
2. Riders by Jilly Cooper
3. It’s Me or the Dog by Victoria Stilwell
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
5. The Best Friends Guide to Pregnancy by Vicky Iovine
6. The Lonely Planet Guide to Israel…going to a wedding there in January.
7. Hopscotch and Handbags by Lucy Mangan….another shameless plug!
8. How to Eat by Nigella Lawson…it never gets boring.
8 songs I could listen to over and over:
1. Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
2. Home by Michael Buble or indeed anything by Michael Buble
3. 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
4. Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight and the Pips
5. You’ve Got a Friend by James Taylor
6. Casta Diva, sung by Philippa Giordano
7. Ain’t No Mountian High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
8 qualities I look for in a best friend:
3. A sense of humour
4. The wisdom to know when to listen and when to talk
7. The ability to pick up where we left off, even if we haven’t seen or spoken to each other for ages.
8. Someone who knows too many stories about me from my youth to be anything other than a Best Friend!!
8 people I’m passing this on to:
1. Carol…the impending Great Aunt
7. The Landcroft Lot
8. That’ll have to do because I’ve exhausted my list of bloggers…suffice to say if you are popping in and want to take up the challenge, feel free. I’d love to know more about you!